Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Favorite of 2013

I recently posted on bookface that even though I did have good times in 2013, I was glad it's over. I meant that, but I felt that I didn't give it enough credit. I thought a post would give me that opportunity, so here we go!

1. San Francisco with Sean! He is one of the best friends I've ever had and this trip still stands as the most relaxing vacation for me. I got my first professional massage, saw Alcatraz (so awesome!!), ate lots of fresh seafood, enjoyed their zoo, did some proper shopping, danced in a jazz club and got a belated birthday cupcake, complete with candle! I went when I was having a pretty rough time but everything was perfect and I left feeling amazing. Definitely hope to go back someday.

2. Orlando with Cody! Obviously, the highlight for me was the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but the whole trip was fun! My first visit to an east coast beach! Also saw the Daytona Speedway, Orlando temple, Kennedy Space Center, and the rest of Universal Studios! Cody and I really needed this trip and I'm so glad we went.

3. Finally making some headway on my weight-loss goals! I lost 25 and I've been able to keep most of that off, even during these delicious holidays. I plan on losing more and reaching my goal this year (50 total). And I know I can do it!!

4. Starting my new job at Allred Jackson! I do payroll there and I love it! I'm learning so much and I get along so well with co-workers. I feel like I'm in a really good place finally!

5. Long Beach! We've gone to California so many times that I tend to forget that there's still so many things we haven't seen yet. I really want to go back when we have more time. We were only there a few days and we loved it. We saw the Queen Mary and the Russian sub that lives next door. Both were very cool! We also saw some family and it's always fun to see Rusty, Michelle, and Marcie! 

There are many smaller moments that were good but these were my favorites. All in all, I did have some good times this year. But it was a hard one and I'm anxious to move on with 2014 and make it a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment